Davy Select ARF
- An Approved Retirement Fund (‘ARF’) is a personal tax-efficient investment account into which you can transfer all or part of the balance of your pension account after you receive your retirement lump sum and once you have satisfied the Approved Minimum Retirement Fund (AMRF) requirements.
- Davy Select does not charge a transfer fee for the transfer of holdings from other firms. Please be aware that some firms charge exit fees and you should check these before you transfer. Click here for more information.
- Click here for ARF/AMRF FAQs.
To find the pension that suits your needs, try our no obligation consultation.
Call us 01 614 3311
How a Davy Select ARF can work for you
Tax-free investment returns
- No capital gains tax when you sell your assets.
- No exit tax when you exit a third party investment fund.
- No income tax on dividends or coupon payments.
- Choose from over 10,000 investments including 700+ investment funds. You have access to a wide range of asset classes, including cash, bonds, equities, property, private equity, and alternatives.
Transfer from existing types of pensions including:
- Personal Retirement Savings Accounts.
- Personal Pensions.
- Occupational Pension Schemes (subject to certain restrictions).
- AVC Schemes.
Flexible income withdrawals
- Income and withdrawals are subject to income tax (at your marginal rate) and USC and PRSI. Withdrawals are subject to paying tax based on a minimum distribution of at least 4% each year between age 61 and age 70 and a minimum distribution of 5% after age 70. The ARF minimum distribution rate is increased to 6% for ARFs valued at more than €2m on 30th November in any year.
Some pension risks
For ARFs, there is a risk that an investor who takes regular withdrawals and/or imputed withdrawals over the life of his or her retirement is exposed to "bomb out" risk, which is the risk that the income needs of the investor may not be met by the value of his/her ARF.
Warning: The information contained herein is based on our understanding of current tax legislation in Ireland and the current Irish Revenue interpretation thereof and is subject to change without notice. It is intended as a guide only and not as a substitute for professional advice. You should consult your tax adviser for the rules that apply in your individual circumstances.
Learn more about some of the risks that prospective investors should consider prior to making a decision to invest in a pension or retirement product.
We are an established name, a trusted financial brand that has inspired confidence for nearly a century.
Choosing Davy Select, you’ll build on generations of award-winning services under the Davy banner.